Bill,

Dont move down lower. Globally 7040-7043 is PSK land - JT/FT modes have stepped
on enough PSK watering holes over the years. RTTY has to be left with something
too. Again I come back to the original; desire to have some separation between
RTTY contesters and FT4 contesters. 7047 was never a good choice from that
perspective either. The first 10kHz of 7040-7050 in a contest is the busiest.
It thins out some between 7050-7060. It then spills into the beginning of a
mixed SSB segment (R1/3)+digital segment (USA) 7060-7070. EMCOM was moved to
7110 in Region 3 years ago (and the other regions should follow suit).

In Region 1,2&3 7060-7100 is in fact marked all modes. Given the objectives I
outlined for frequency selection earlier:

1.      provides separation between RTTY and FT4 contesters when they are
running simultaneously (RTTY runs above the FT8/JT9 segments currently)
2.      avoids/limits impact on known QRP CW centres of activity
3.      avoids impact on the PSK community on .070-.074
4.      avoids pushing digital modes far into the voice segment of the bands
particularly on 80/40/20m but is a major compromise on 40m. 40m’s digital modes
segments are a mess anyway and harmonisation is difficult at best on that band.

7065 in my mind is looking like a better outcome or even 7067kHz.

For consideration.

Regards,
Grant VK5GR