From: Rich Zwirko - K1HTV <k1...@comcast.net>
To: WSJT <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tue, Jun 25, 2019 10:00 am
Subject: [wsjt-devel] Monthly ALL.TXT archives

Recently, a WSJT-X users asked me how to check if a QSO was actually completed.
He had received a request to confirm a QSO which was not in his log. I pointed
him at the ALL.TXT file. He got back to me later saying that the file size was
enormous and too large for any of his text editors to read.
Monthly, I edit my ALL.TXT file and manually archive the decoded data for
future use. These files have been used a number of times to confirm QSOs when a
station that I work, usually a DXpedition, says I'm not in the log and I know
that it was a solid QSO. I excerpt the decodes, showing responses to me and
others, attaching the info to an email that is sent to him.
Unless it is kept to a reasonable size, the ALL.TXT will be useless to most
WSJT-X ops who want to check it. Why not archive the lines of decoded data into
a file with a file name reflecting the month that the data was decoded, such as:
2019-06ALL.TXT
I believe that this change should be seriously considered in a future release
of WSJT-X.
73,Rich - K1HTV