I would like to use band hopping with WSPR. It is not working in a way I expect. Band switching occurs at random times at least as much as ten times an hour. Also, the "tune" power setting resets to transmit power level after one tune operation. Transmit is at 200 mW and tuning of my MFJ 993b requires at least 2 Watts. Tune power is set during the tune cycle at 2 Watts. On the audio tab both transmit and tune power check boxes are set.

According to the manual, band switch to 40 M occurs at 06, 26, 46 minutes after the hour, and band switch to 30 M occurs at 08, 28, and 48 minutes after the hour. Rather than list the whole log, band switching from 40 M to 30 M occurred at 02, 08, 16, 28, 34, 48. Switching from 30 M to 40 M occurred at 06,12,24,32, 44, 54.

Can this be clarified for me?

Paul Simon W6EXT