I’m no expert on Fox/hound, but could you use an audio file (either ‘played’
via the wsjtx menu item or via a virtual audio cable) to simulate the hounds?
You could create as many hounds as you like in whatever state you need to
reproduce the issue.

On Nov 18, 2019, at 06:46, Grant VK5GR
<vk5gr.ra...@gmail.com<mailto:vk5gr.ra...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Dave,

To prove the fix you would probably need about 8-10 hounds in fact to see the
behaviour properly and confirm it is no longer doing it.

Having said that, I am sure I can round up some willing test volunteers across
VK and work with you on the testing if that would help.

Regards
Grant VK5GR

From: Dave Slotter, W3DJS [mailto:slotter+w3...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 18 November 2019 6:34 AM
To: WSJT software development
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] FT8 Fox and Hound Mode - FOX Mode Operator
enhancement request

I agree that these are reasonable requests. If Bill et al cannot find time to
address, as a software engineer who has actually modified the WSJT-X code to
fix an Enable button defect, I'd be willing to fix these unwanted Fox mode
behaviors.

BUT... (There's always a but, isn't there?) I'd need 2-3 Hounds to test the
Enable button fix.

-Dave
 W3DJS