From: Iztok Saje [mailto:iztok.s...@telekom.si]
Sent: Friday, 22 November 2019 3:55 AM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] FT8 Fox and Hound Mode - FOX Mode Operator

Hi!

Let wsjtx dev team focus on hard stuff, and use support programs
for the rest.

While proposed tail -f can do the job,
I think it is relatively easy to hack small program that reads last lines in
ALL.TXT every 15 seconds
and make small screen supporting Fox operation.

Is frequency clean? (how many frames are NOT for me?)
Are there LIDs calling on uplink frequency? I guess moving up 120 Hz is good
anti-measure.
Is there another Fox? (Sveral callers, R-SNR frames below 1000 kHz) here or
+/1 1/2 kHz?

Analyzing RX reports: can we afford additional stream?
QSO rate, repetition rate.

Based on UL sqares: how callers are spread in directon? Is it time to turn
antenna?

Now... It is highly unlikely I will operate Fox soon, but those planning so
might consider it.

Best 73, GL
Iztok, S52D

On 11/19/2019 02:01 PM, Iztok Saje wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On band activity: how about ALL.TXT?
>
> On linux:
> tail -f ALL.TXT |grep -v A35JT
>
> would give nice idea what is going on the band segment.
> I assume ALL.TXT works in Fox mode, and there are similar commands in
Windows as well.

> Best 73, gd DX
> Iztok, S52D

[http://psn.sdn.si/ts/TS_Banner_NEO_oktober_2019_250x170.jpg]