Hi Trevor,

On 2/23/2020 07:34, Trevor Smithers G0KTN wrote:
Back last August/September there was a brief post about a new
WSJT mode in the early stages of development by K1JT and K9AN designed
specifically for 136kHz, 472KHz and 160.

I thought it was to be based on JT65 (but it might have been JT9) and was
hoped to be far more sensitive at the designated frequencies than current
offerings.

Is this still under consideration ?

Trevor  G0KTN

Nearly always we have ideas on the back burner.

A "better-than-JT9" mode for making QSOs on LF/MF bands is one example. Most likely it would be more closely related to FT8 than to JT65 or JT9. It would use longer transmissions and have a narrower bandwidth, and would likely achieve threshold decoding sensitivity -30 dB or better.

No promises about when such a mode might be available for testing.

        -- Joe, K1JT