The FT-991 is one that doesn't have the ability to query which VFO is active
and doesn't have the ability to query "current VFO" either.
Since we allow currVFO to pass through to the Icoms it's also now passing
through to all rigs.
So it seems the only choice here would be to set the current VFO when it's not
already set and set it to VFOA or Main as appropriate for non-Icom rigs.
I think we can use the get_vfo function absence to determine when to do this.

Out of 37 Yaesu rigs only 25 have get_vfo.Of course no Icom rigs have this
capability but they do understand currVFO concept.And 4 Kenwood rigs don't have
get_vfo

    On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:01:04 PM CDT, Bill Somerville