From: Black Michael via wsjt-devel <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 11:57 AM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Black Michael <mdblac...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Hamlib 4.0 error with rigctld/IC706: Invalid
parameter while exchanging VFOs

Maybe I should move up the 4.1 release date or do a 4.0.1?

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 07:40:05 AM CST, Bill Somerville
<g4...@classdesign.com<mailto:g4...@classdesign.com>> wrote:

On 06/01/2021 13:28, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
> There is a binary incompatibility that happened under shared library
> use so if you use the rigctld-wsjtx from WSJTX it should hopefully
> work....not the rigctld from hamlib-4.0
>
> There's a future fix that will hopefully be in the 2.3.0 GA release
> that fixes this problem.
>

> Mike W9MDB

Mike,

those changes will not be in WSJT-X v2.3.0 GA, mainly because Hamlib 4.0
has a regression that breaks rigs with no get frequency CAT commands. I
expect the changes to be in a future WSJT-X release that is able to be
built against a Hamlib shared library that allows safe linking, I guess
that will be Hamlib v4.1.