Hi Bill, I was surprised I had seen no replies, and then went to the archives and found ;

"

*Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X v2.3.0 Oc42df. <https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/mailman/message/37215347/>*
From: Bill Somerville <g4wjs@cl...> - 2021-02-08 15:44:41

On 08/02/2021 15:29, Adrian wrote:
Working with N6SS trying FST4-300 tonight on 160m we noticed a few things ;

His wsjtx gui has a freq high and low parameter, whereas mine does not, but
has a F Tol parameter, which he has not.

However both his and mine show version WSJT-X v2.3.0 Oc42df. For final
v2.3.0 release in the help info section ?

Preston was able to decode me, but I never decoded his signal even though
prominent on the waterfall.
Preston was also using ~500 Hz audio frequency whereas I used 2000 Hz.
He as at 1.839 whereas I was at 1.8375

Would the low audio frequency effect signal fidelity for decoding ?

I am trying to see why I could not decode ?

Adrian Fewster

Hi Adrian,

the differences you see are due to you having "Settings->General->Single
decode" checked and N6SS not. In single decode mode the decoder only
attempts to decode signals within the selected  Rx offset and frequency
tolerance around that, only the first successful decode is printed. With
single decode not checked multiple signals may be decoded within the
specified low and high frequency limits after an initial decode attempt
at the selected Rx offset ±20 Hz.

You have not provided enough information to determine the one way
decoding, but the above should allow you to assess if it was merely a
settings issue.

"

I had never received the email with that here, so thankyou fo the response. I am not sure

why I did not receive it from the reflector.

We will try again tonight , we have good sigs to each other so that will not be part of the issue.

regards

Adrian