Have you at least studied the example files for 6m EME mentioned in the Quick-Start Guide to Q65? Or read the "Sensitivity Comparison of JT65A and Q65-60A"? (A copy is posted here: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/JT65A_And_Q65.pdf.)

What conclusions has your 6m EME experience lead you to draw concerning Q65? If your conclusions differ from ours, can you explain why?

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

On 2/9/2021 9:36 AM, David Schmocker wrote:
GA/GM Bill and all of the developers,

_Thank you so much_ for all the team is doing.

Can Short-Hand messages be added for Q65A (used at 6m)  also please?

It’s helpful to have those single-tone messages  Q65A at 6m EME because I have had at least one 6m EME JT65A weak signal QSO where the decoder didn’t decode the SH message, yet I was able to visibly see a ‘paint splash’ (partial trace) at the right frequencies knowing that SH message that was being sent so I could visually decode this.   Also, if I go on a DXpedition (which I plan to), [my apologies in advance this is going to open a hornet’s nest], I am interested in working more stations, not spending time distinguishing between level-based reports.      Perhaps my HF background where contesters give “599” no matter what colors this request.   With EME,  SH messages help.  Having the choice of SH or not gives the level-sensitive or SH option.

I appreciate your consideration. Thank you!   Very 73,

Dave KJ9I

(flames if any to be sent to me directly not to the list please)

*From: *Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
*Date: *Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:00 AM
*To: *<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
*Subject: *Re: [wsjt-devel] #Feature request. 2.4.0

On 09/02/2021 03:54, Hattori, Yoshihisa wrote:

    Hi all.

    I am testing Q65 and realized that we are missing Short hand
    indicator on waterfall display, which is provided for JT65. (three
    yellow lines suggesting the RO/RRR/73 tones.) While less Q65/QRA64
    users are using shorthand, it is good to have those since Sh will
    not be decoded and users need to visually identify the signal. Can
    you please implement it?

    De JO1LVZ/Hatt

Hi Hatt-san,

the single tone short code markers are shown for sub-modes C or wider.