> On Jul 18, 2021, at 09:26, Carey Fisher via wsjt-devel
> <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> If you simply look at the waterfall, it's clearly obvious whether your clock
> is off or not.

You and George are correct.  Simply looking at the waterfall will get you
within the two seconds required.  After that, the df will give you all you need
over a couple minutes time of monitoring.

If you run your waterfall so narrow that you can’t tell, you merely need to
expand it for a few minutes.  I’ve seen some postings that show some people run
their waterfall so narrow (vertically) that they can’t tell a thing about the
timing or quality of incoming signals.  That’s the cost of setting up that way.

Use the tools within the program itself.

Gary - AG0N