I have run into a problem with WSJT-X 2.5.3 when transmitting a TX5 message
to any station with a "/"  followed by /MM or /P and probably other
characters. I'm running the Win 64 bit version on a Windows 10 computer
with the latest updates.

After transmitting the TX5 message, the receive cycle starts and runs for
11 seconds. At that point the clock in the lower left corner stops and a
few lines of decoded data is displayed, then the program ends. The problem
ican be reproduced.

A jt9.exe process is left running, which must be deleted with Task Manager
before WSJT-X can be started again.

The issue only occurs with stations with a forward slash in the callsign. I
tried using a non-standard callsign such as 3DA0XXX, with no problem, only
with calls with slash.

I've gone back to WSJT-X Version 2.5.2 and ran the same tests without the
program crashing after a TX5 message with a forward slash in the call.

73,
Rich - K1HTV