From: Dennis W1UE via wsjt-devel [mailto:wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net]
Sent: 28. marraskuutata 2022 16:06
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Dennis W1UE <egan.denni...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] v2.6.0-rc4 observations

Dave

I’ve operated a lot as the Fox from HQ9X the past week.  Let me assure you, if
u try to operate as the Fox on one of the standard frequencies, you get a
warning box and PTT won’t energize, ie wSJT won’t xmit.

Dennis HQ9X for one more day!

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 08:02 Dave Bernheisel via wsjt-devel
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net <mailto:wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> >
wrote:

I have noticed that if the Hound mode is enabled and on a frequency that is not
in the list of frequencies,

switching from Hound mode to FT8 also changes the frequency to one of the
frequencies in the dropdown list.

A fox was operating in F/H mode on one of the default frequencies, and I
changed to Hound mode.  A station, not the Fox,

called me. I responded to the call and then discovered that both RRR and RR73
were disabled.  I did not find this in the users guide for

F/H operation.  I realize that the Fox was not following the rules.  Since the
usual frequencies are in the dropdown, perhaps

WSJT-X should prohibit or nag the Fox when operating on one of the known
frequencies for normal operation.  A warning to the hound

would not be a bad idea, in my opinion.

73,

Dave Bernheisel, N2DPF