On 4/23/2023 11:20 AM, Daniel Uppström via wsjt-devel wrote:
Isn't that obvious why he wants more than 16 bits? With a receiver using more than that it could be possible to eliminate AGC all together and just feed something with 100 dB of dynamics into WSJT.

If I'm not mistaken, what the original poster is requesting was implemented in the latest full release of JTDX. But since even the slightest mention of software other than WSJT-X results in getting bounced from the WSJT-X reflector, we never hear about stuff like this, nor about whether it works, or provides useful benefit under real world conditions. I am one of those who got bounced.

73, Jim K9YC