Mark / Laurie

This effect is not present in Linux Mint. (1920x1080 screen, font Noto Sans Bold Italic 12)

However, looking at the code in the Qt development environment this clipping effect can be seen. These buttons all have a minimum width of 32 and the default font size is 12.  Otherwise the size policy for these buttons is the same as for the Tx 1-6 buttons.

With a button width of 32 the max font size for no clipping is 9. With font size of 12 the minimum button width is ~48.

You can change the font size in Settings | General | Font. Reducing it will help, but it will affect the entire window and I suspect you may have tried that already and found it unacceptable.

It might also be worthwhile checking that the font you have selected actually exists on your machine and is not being substituted, which can cause weird effects.

You could just run the app with a larger width. At some point the buttons will expand.

As a last resort, there is an easy code fix for this. Just go into the mainWindow.ui and change houndButton | minimumSize | Width.  Setting it to 0 (on all six buttons) allows the application to scale the button width in accordance with the combined sizing policies. However changing just the houndButton from 32 to 48 is sufficient and doesn't introduce any other sizing effects. Recalculate the md5 checksum. Recompile and voila.

HTH

Regards

Rick (GM4JIB)