Tim, Thanks for putting this together and getting on the mailing list.

All, we can go over this in the meeting tommorrow, hear any
discussion/suggestions, and put to a quick community vote.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
t/l 441-7861

Timothy Deboer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
02/27/2007 06:17 PM
Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
<wtp-dev@eclipse.org>

wtp-dev@eclipse.org
cc

Subject
[wtp-dev] WTP 1.5.4 plan for committer/community review

The PMC has reviewed an adopter request for a WTP 1.5.4 release and has
tentatively approved the following plan, pending community review. Please
read and respond with any questions or concerns.

Scope
WTP 1.5.4 is a service release for critical defects, regressions, and
adopter issues only. There should be no translation or UI changes, nor
should it affect any API reported through the adopter scanning tools.

Schedule
To avoid conflicts with WTP 2.0 dates, since Eclipse service releases are
usually quarterly, and to make it easy to remember :), 5/4 is the proposed
release date for 1.5.4.

Bug Approval
All bugs for 1.5.4 must be approved by the PMC following the regular PMC
approval process [1]. We will use the same webpage and offline approval
[2] as previous releases like 1.5.3.

Builds and Process
1.5.4 will be built using the regular continuous builds and 1.5
maintenance stream in CVS. We will have weekly checkpoints on the build
call for fixes targetted to 1.5.4, but will use the following biweekly
schedule for declaring I-builds:

3/22 - I-build released
4/5 - I-build released
4/19 - RC1 released. PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last
two weeks
5/4 - 1.5.4 declared

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_PMC_Defect_Review
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.5.3/pmc-bug-approval.php