Hi guys,

I would like to share with you my work about syntax coloration with
TextMate. My goal is to support syntax coloration for TypeScript, JSX and
Angular2 @Component/template with JSDT Editor inside
https://github.com/angelozerr/typescript.java.

It exists http://www.liclipse.com/ which seems supporting TextMate but it's
not free.

So I decided to write my own TextMate support. You can find my code at
https://github.com/angelozerr/textmate.java My code is very very very uggly
because I have done that quickly :

* I have ported VSCode TextMate written in TypeScript
https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-textmate toJava
 * textmate uses oniguruma regexp. For that I use
https://github.com/jruby/joni

The sample editor uses the textmate JavaScript
https://github.com/angelozerr/textmate.java/blob/master/fr.opensagres.language.textmate/src/fr/opensagres/language/textmate/JavaScript.tmLanguage
(coming from VSCode)

I have justed colored function and var keyword in the eclipse sample editor
but it supports a lot of features like JSX syntax.

You can find textmate token scanner for eclipse
https://github.com/angelozerr/textmate.java/blob/master/fr.opensagres.language.textmate.eclipse.sample/src/_editor/TextMateTokenScanner.java
which consummes the port of vscode-texmate.

For big files it can take few seconds and freeze the editor. VSCode is slow
too but resolves the freeze problem by doing syntax coloration in async way.

Perhaps this coloration with textmate could be done with a semantic
higlighter (like SSE) to avoid the freeze.

IMHO, I think Eclipse text editor should provide TextMate support for
syntax coloration, because it exists a lot and lot of textmate grammar.

For Angular2 topic, VSCode want to support syntax coloration for
@Component/template (html syntax) with TextMate if I have understood.

If you wish to test the project, don't hesitate to contact me

Many thanks for your feedback and I hope JSDT will provides the capability
to support JSX syntax, Angular2 syntax, etc

Regard's Angelo