________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jeff Wood
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 7:17 AM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Wtr-general] installer issues

	Bret,

	If you have any, I would really appreciate any materials you could
send my way to help me teach a class on WATiR ... I'm sure I can some up
with some, but if you have some already, it would save me time.

	I'm going to give a learning session on it, and I expect attendance
to be between 100 & 200 people ( could be more )...

	So, as you can see, it gives me a great chance to evangelize & help
get more folks in the ruby way ...

	Thanks in advance for your time.

	j.

Thanks for the link ... I feel a bit dumb for not recogniting that package to be exactly that... So, the 101 stuff is based on WATiR 1.3.1 ... Is an update to 1.4 due ? or would that be a good thing to contribute back?

j.

Ok, I looked at that stuff ... and unfortunately ... It looks like this tutorial is meant as a day-long kinda class ... I only have 1-2 hours ...

So, I'm going to include documentation on getting Ruby & WATiR installed under Windows ...  And I'm going to show them irb and doing live testing with it. as well as using the Test::Unit framework.

I'll do some simple tests of some of the web-based interfaces around the company.

Thanks for the reference though.

j.