From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Angrez Singh
Sent: Fri 1/20/2006 12:35 AM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Wtr-general] Variable Number and Type of Method Parameters?

Hi,

I think XPath extenstion to WATiR would be helpful in this case. Please
download the tar ball from HEAD and read the supporting document in the 'docs'
directory.

Regards,
Angrez

On 1/20/06, Andrew McFarlane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I am testing an application whose UI controls are often difficult to
        specify.  Sometimes I can uniquely identify a control with one
attribute,
        and sometimes I need 3 or 4.  Sometimes I can't see the difference
between
        multiple controls, so I need to use an index value as one of those 3 or
4
        attributes.  With WATIR, can I specify a control by using a variable
number
        and kind of parameters?

        I have a watered-down-not-thread-safe-has-synchronization-problems Perl
tool
          (that I would like to toss) emulated from WATIR where I can say:

        $browser->link( innerText => 'Modify', nameProp =>
        qr(modifyProductContract), outerHTML => qr((Pro|Select|Value) Service),
        index => 4 )->click;

        I see that I can use regex's with WATIR (very good), so I just need to
make
        sure that I can pass in any number of control attributes and values
before I
        embrace WATIR.

        If I can, how do I do it?  A hash?  Something else?

        Thanks.

        Andrew McFarlane

<<winmail.dat>>