is there another require required?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bret Pettichord

This is a class method, not an instance method. So you DON'T do:

  ie = IE.new
  ie.persist_ole_connection = true

But rather

  IE.persist_ole_connection = true

If you search for "def self.persist_ole_connection" you should find it in your version of watir.

I solved my problem by adding  "sleep 2" before calling IE.new. I don't open new IE windows so frequently during testing that this is a performance problem for me.

That works too. On my main development machine, it takes 90 seconds to start a new IE window after all of them have closed, whether i start it with Watir or manually. It's otherwise a fast machine. So i just make sure i never close that last IE window.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank you.