Aidy,

  I've been using regexs and consistently using the latest releases of Watir. As helpful as it is, I haven't had any problems. Curious error message you're getting, it doesn't look like the regex is not finding the html element, but that it's no longer available. If changing back and forth between a string and regex for that field is consistently showing the same results there's something I'm not seeing. Try it with other controls, debug if you can, otherwise I'm at a loss.

-Charley