Dave Hoover wrote:

>On 8/15/06, Astha Raj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>What I need do to
>>only look for the string which ends with the given section. For example, I
>>have two form fields with id like
>>
>>FormName_Name1 and FormName_Name1New
>>
>>So when I use the Watir statement like –
>>e.text_field(:id,/_Name1/).set("astharaj") – it will put the same in both –
>>right? I want it to just set for first field (FormName_Name1). How can I do
>>this? Any suggestions would be great.
>>

>Use the \A and \Z anchors to match the beginning and end of strings,
>respectively.  I believe the answer to your question is
>
>  e.text_field(:id, /_Name1\Z/).set("astharaj")

actually, the easier way is:

e.text_field( :id, /_Name1$/.set( "ashtharaj" )

$ is the regex standard way of denoting END of line.
^ is the regex standard way of denoting BEGINNING of line.

I've never seen \A & \Z before.  I would try to use standard regex
things ... that way you aren't stuck when you eventually grow into using
other programming languages which don't support that non-standard extension.

... just my $0.02

jd