John Lolis wrote:
> Has anyone thought of a good way of managing such changes? Do you make one
> giant 'mapping' class and just update that as needed? Do you store the Watir
> calls and generate code around them?

I have a library of some 1250 lines of code. Although some of it was
written as a result of refactoring working tests along the lines that
Kevin Lawrence writes about in the article cited by Chris, most was
directly test driven by specific tests that were designed to test-drive
the automation framework. I have 700 lines of such tests. These of
course are in addition to the tests that were written to test our
application.

I believe that simple tests of your framework are the best way to detect
problems. They can be used to verify that the framework matches up to
the application.

Bret