 ------------------------------

*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Charley Baker
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:38 PM
*To:* wtr-general@rubyforge.org
*Subject:* Re: [Wtr-general] Give a solution fo javascript popup

Mark,

  You mind posting that to the FAQ site? Definitely an FAQ and then you or
anyone can send out the url.

-Charley

On 1/2/07, *Cain, Mark *<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have posted this many time, it is the most reliable JS popup method I
have every used.   It will even work for the input box (by supplying the
user_input="whatever the user would input") and file upload dialog (by
supplying user_input='&Save' or '&Open').  It is better and more reliable
than the one linked below.

   require ' watir\contrib\enabled_popup'

   def startClicker( button , waitTime= 9, user_input=nil )

     hwnd = $ie.enabled_popup(waitTime)  # get a handle if one exists

     *if *(hwnd)  # yes there is a popup

       w = WinClicker.new

       *if* ( user_input )

         w.setTextValueForFileNameField( hwnd, "#{user_input}" )

       *end*

       sleep 3  # I put this in to see the text being input it is not
necessary to work

       w.clickWindowsButton_hwnd( hwnd, "#{button}" )  # "OK" or whatever
the name on the button is

       w=nil    # this is just cleanup

     *end*

   end

   $ie =Watir:: IE.start(" c:\t est.htm")

   # This is whatever object that uses the click method.

   # You MUST use the click_no_wait method.

   $ie .image(:id, '3' ).click_no_wait

   startClicker("OK ", 7 , "User Input") # 3rd parameter is optional.

*--Mark*