On 12/22/06, Bret Pettichord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So we have consistently urged people to wrap their watir expressions in
> methods rather than assign them to global variables. This makes it easy
> to reuse them, and ensure that a correct rebinding occurs on each reuse.
> Also, as i have been using Watir more on large projects, i am finding
> that there are other reasons why this is a sound way to structure Watir
> libraries.

im not sure if i understand this correctly.

text = $ie.text <-- so, this is bad because we cant be sure if the
rebinding happens just in time when we need it.

would the following approach be better?:

class Page
  def initialize ie
    @ie = ie
  end

  def text
    @ie.text
  end
end

p = Page.new ie
puts p.text

the watir expressions are now wrapped in methods but i cant see how
the object binding could be different from using global vars. I hope
someone can enlighten me on this ;)

Christian