Hello,

I'm in dire need to solve this issue, I might have to dump Watir altogether if
it is not resolved soon :((

I've definetly narrowed it down to some sort of type mismatch within the
vbscript engine. When i break the VBscript debugger, i cannot evaluate simple
vbscript dim variables, because i get type-mismatch. MAybe the fact that they
have no type has something to do with this? i.e.:

        Dim strInitialDate
        Dim strFinalDate

        strInitialDate = document.all("txtInitialDate").value
        strFinalDate = document.all("txtFinalDate").value

One of my coworkers suggested that maybe Watir was instantiating an older
version of internet explorer. Is this possible? could a certain kind of comand
"set" the OLE engine to behave in a backwards compatible way (i.e. like a
previous version of IE)???

I've tried accessing the IE.ie object, but i cannot find an api reference to
the OLE object InternetExplorer. Does anyone know where there might be some API
documentation of the "raw" IE object?

Please help!!!
thank you.