On 3/9/07, Jeff Fry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My general recommendation would be: If IE-only work for you, and you want
to (or don't mind) coding in Ruby, choose Watir.

We have IE only work, but mostly in applications like Siebel, Pega,
Peoplesoft, etc., where we do not have the control on the html generated
like in J2EE/.Net apps. Problem is that these pages most often contain
Active-X controls. Active-X, I know, comes in a Microsoft proprietary format
& is generally not supported by open source community. Still I would like to
use some FLOSS test automation tool/framework since we do not have the
option of spending on commercial automation tools, they being pretty steeply
expensive. Is there support for Active-X in any of the open source tools?

Or is there any way by which Watir can support Active-X objects?

--
- Prem

 I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
 I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"