$imagename[i]  = "#{$bb_id}" + "_" + "#{i}" + ".jpg"
              @save_path = "F\:\\Get_Image\\image\\#{$imagename[i]}"
              if File.exists?(@save_path)
                puts " "
                puts "Image " + "#{$imagename[x]}" + " already Exists! # Escape
Save #"
                @save_flag = "NO"
                x = x + 1
              else
                  begin #implemented this to catch the dialog hanging
                  timeout(5) do |timeout_length|
                    pic = $ie2.image(:src, lnk[x])
                    pic.save(@save_path) # This is where the hanging occurs and
not even the timeout exception triggers until I manually click the cancel on
the dialog. Some time also there is broken links and save HTML dialog appears.
I need to click cancel on any dialog that halts the saving operation
                    puts " "
                    puts "Image " + "#{$imagename[i]}" + " saved to " + "[EMAIL
PROTECTED]"
                    i = i + 1
                    @save_flag = "YES"
                  end
                  rescue TimeoutError =>e
                  puts e
                  hwnd = $ie2.enabled_popup(3)
                    if (hwnd)  # yes there is a popup
                      w = WinClicker.new
                      sleep 3
                      w.clickWindowsButton_hwnd( hwnd, "Cancel" )
                      w=nil
                    end

any help appriciated