Thanks a lot! that is helpful but I was hoping not to have to do a lot of
hacking around to get it to work. I'm surprised there isn't a more streamlined
or integrated solution, given the ubiquity of this type of login.

For my case I guess I can use the browser's autologin feature but if the test
I'm working on goes "live" i'll need to find another solution to fix this.
Something I've used before was "sendkeys" but I'm not sure if I could apply its
functionality to this problem.

thanks again, I'll post back later with my results.

O.