Paul,

I'm making progress.  I downloaded the mysql ODBC driver to my machine, and
run the setup.exe.  This seems to have run fine.

Now, how is ruby setup to know about the driver, and how do I configure the
driver to know about the mysql on the machine?  I've dug around on the mysql
site for documents on this, but haven't found anything.

thanks,

Paul Hammer