Koteswara Annavarapu wrote:
> So , if I need to use WATIR module from the cygwin environment ,
> please let me know wat I need to do of the below
>
> 1) change the environement variables in cygwin , for using the same
> ruby installed in windows
> 2)  let me know , if we can install the watir gem in the cygwin ruby
> environment.
In the early days of watir development, we regularly tested it with both
Native Windows and Cygwin. If you look at the setup.rb in the unit
tests, you will see one small function that ensured that the file://
paths we used in the unit testing framework would be correct in either
environment. You can use either the Windows Ruby or the cygwin ruby from
within the cygwin environment. It's really just a matter of the path you
use to access ruby.exe.

Over time, we may have added a few dependencies on Native Windows in a
few of the Watir methods, but if you run the unit tests, they should
help you track down any possible problems. Let us know how it works for you.

I consider Cygwin a supported environment and am happy to accept bug
reports and patches for it if you turn up any issues.

Bret