Hi Gary,

Since you are starting a new thread for handling pop up. The text that you
are sending to console will not be available to you. Also the captureText
that you are writing won't be able to help you because the pop up will
already be closed by start_js_clicker.

If you look at the file 'jscriptextralert.rb' which you are calling in
thread in function start_js_clicker, it creates new instance of WindowHelper
class and then call function push_alert_button.

Now in file 'watir/windowhelper.rb' go to function push_alert_button
function, in that function you write the functionality to capture the text.
In that function you can open a file, write the text of pop up to that file.

Now instead of calling 'captureText', open the file and read text from that
file.

Hope this helps.

You can go through following threads for more information.
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wtr-general/2007-April/010466.html
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wtr-general/2007-April/010512.html
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wtr-general/2007-April/010523.html

- Angrez