Hi all:

We love watir!  I learned Ruby in order to use it, and it has been great
all-round.

Here's my problem:

The IE I am grappling with has a helped DLL running that pops up and
requires authentication before letting me back onto the webpage I am
testing.  I need to be able to use send-_keys or something to just
populate field a, (tab) populate field b (tab) and then tab tab tab hit
OK.  Then the dialog box disappears and I am back talking to the DOM.

Note that this isn't a popup window -- I know how to deal with those, in
watir -- this is a DLL in IE that I just need to send keys to.

ie.methods shows me that I have ie.send_keys but I can't seem to get
this to work.  For example:

irb(main):015:0> ie.send_keys("{ENTER}")

WIN32OLERuntimeError: unknown OLE server: `AutoItX3.Control'
    HRESULT error code:0x800401f3
      Invalid class string
        from C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.4.1/./watir.rb
:1320:in `initialize'
        from C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.4.1/./watir.rb
:1320:in `new'
        from C:/Program
Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.4.1/./watir.rb
:1320:in `send_keys'
        from (irb):15
        from :0
irb(main):016:0>

Any ideas??

Craig

R. Craig Brooksby
Field Technology Manager, Western Division
Thomson West (Westlaw)
Office: 602-794-3849
Mobile: 623-256-8899