On 5/23/07, Jungwhan Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Is there any way to tell Watir to open a specific version of IE after
multiple versions of IE is installed in a single machine?

Jungwhan,

As far as I know, the only way you can have multiple versions of IE
installed on one machine is to have several virtual machines installed, and
each of them has different IE version. Are you familiar with virtual
machines? This is quote from IE blog (
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/11/30/ie6-and-ie7-running-on-a-single-machine.aspx
)

"There are workarounds, but they are unsupported and don't necessarily work
the same way as IE6 or IE7 would work when installed properly. [...] the
best way to use multiple versions of IE on one machine is via
virtualization."

Also, as far as I know, Watir can not open virtual machine and then drive
it. But, you can install Watir on every virtual machine and perform tests
using different IE versions.

Zeljko