require_gem 'watir'

or gem 'watir'

Try the same in irb. It may be due to the ruby update. I haven't tried it
due to my dependency on modal dialog support.

-c

On 6/19/07, Max Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 My original question was:

On 6/15/07, Max Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi there, I'm getting the following.

> `require': no such file to load -- watir (LoadError)

> I've checked the FAQs and downloaded the latest 1.5 version for my

> Ruby version 1.8.6.

> I've listed my local gems and I can see that water is installed, yet

> whenever I try and run my script, I still get the error?

My script was:

# Simple test harness

require 'watir'

require 'watir/testcase'

#require 'test/unit'

#$LOAD_PATH << '..' if $0 == __FILE__

$LOAD_PATH << './Tests'

class TestSuite < Watir::TestCase

            File.open(ARGV[0]).each_line do |entry|

               code = lambda{load "#{entry.strip}.rb" }

               self.send(:define_method, entry.strip, code)#{load

"#{entry.strip}.rb" }#puts "#{entry.strip}"

                        #self.send(:public, entry.strip.to_sym )

            end

end

if $0 == __FILE__

  require 'test/unit/ui/console/testrunner'

  Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner.run(TestSuite)

End

Done, the only change I've made from the previously working version is

that this should take command line arguments.

I don't believe this has anything to do with my script at all, but

something to do with the environment it's running under.

Ruby 1.8.6 watir 1.5 - I did have all this working some time ago. The

only real updates have been the Ruby and WATiR versions.

*Max Russell*
Test Analyst
INPS**