- Added "text-decoration: bold" to test case 2 - passed to property(). But throws IllegalStateException when calling getDimensionUnitText() (using flute this time)
- Definitely no bad CSS syntax in 1.
- SAC doesn't define a way to get the name from selectors. Batik got around this by overriding toString() to produce the selector name. Using my app under flute brakes my app.

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

* Mathew McBride wrote:

I'm trying to parse CSS found in HTML pages with SAC. I am using the CSS parser found within Batik 1.5 Beta2.

Here is the CSS I use as my testbed:

span {
text-decoration: bold;
}

And my other testbed, from chrome://content/html.css in Mozilla

A { font-size: 12px; }

In case 2, font-size gets passed onto property(), but in case 1, text-decoration is passed onto startSelector().

Is this a bug? Does it occur with the Flute parser?

In more detail, text-decoration is created as a selector with a name of "text-decoration:bold". Obviously, I can't expect to find out attributes by xxx.equals("text-decoration:bold").

Are you sure this isn't the result of parse errors preceding the fule? I'm running a one month old CVS snapshot of their CSS Parser (converted to C#) and I am unable to reproduce this problem with

 span {
   text-decoration: bold;
 }

as the complete style sheet. Btw., note that in order to support
pseudo-elements, in org.apache.batik.css.parser.Parser.parseSelector

pseudoElement = null;

Didn't find that there.

needs to be removed.