Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

--- Begin Message ---
Hello, Steve,

spec-prod is for specification development by editors and not about their content. Have you tried posting to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ? That is a more general W3C list.

To whom it may concern :

I would be interested to know if the W3 consortium or any other governing bodies related to the Internet have set down guidelines / rules as to the way in which chat rooms must be directed or by how behaviour in the chat rooms should be controlled. On the ircnet.tiscali.be:6667 server - chat room (#wanadoo.fr), people are kicked out of the room because their IRC client uses colors or has the codes for colors that Tiscali Belgium (or at least the person responsable of the room) don't like. I consider (as do many people who use that chat room poorly monitored. Personal vendettas are used by users who become OPs.

The atmosphere in the room (#wanadoo.fr) is so bad that many people who used the room when we started in December 2001 no longer come, having noticed the poor control of the room.

Sincerely yours,

Steven Burwood

--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]               tel:+1.858.483.4819

--- End Message ---