Julian Reschke ha scritto:
Manlio Perillo wrote:
Julian Reschke ha scritto:
Manlio Perillo wrote:
Hi.

What is the "correct" behaviour for an HTTP user agent, when it process a WWW-Authenticate header containing unsupported challenge?

[...]

I think Opera should display it, although I agree there's no clear language in RFC2616/2617 requiring it to do so.

Out of curiosity, does the situation change when the response uses text/html?

It's the same, Opera does not display it.

Right now, I'm returning a 401 Unauthorized response, *without* the WWW-Authenticate header (in violation of the HTTP 1.1 specification), and all browsers display the response body.

BR, Julian

Manlio Perillo