On Feb 7, 2009, at 1:48 AM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

This solves my problem with regard to the Link header.

On Feb 06, 2009 4:41 PM, "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com> wrote:

The Link header field defines what it is about: [RFC2068]

   The Link entity-header field provides a means for describing a
relationship between two resources, generally between the requested
   resource and some other resource.

Isn't this a bit of a contradiction? The same spec defines entity- header as:

   Entity-header fields define optional metainformation about the
entity-body or, if no body is present, about the resource identified
   by the request.

This makes me wonder if Link: in its reincarnation ought to be defined to be a response-header instead of an entity-header:

   The response-header fields allow the server to pass additional
   information about the response which cannot be placed in the Status-
Line. These header fields give information about the server and about further access to the resource identified by the Request-URI. [RFC 2616]

What would this break? I would guess that there are implications for CN and caching, but not sure whether the change would be an improvement or damaging.

Jonathan