On 18 Nov 2011, at 03:26, Dave Tapley wrote:
> "wx-config --libs now only gives the standard libs. For e.g. aui you
> need to do: wx-config --libs std,aui. Alternatively, wx-config --libs
> all returns all available libraries.
> The naming of libraries has changed (see above): there are no longer
> 'debug' libraries, so the 'd' suffix is no longer used (so
> libwx_baseud-2.8 becomes libwx_baseu-2.9). wx-config has been changed
> to cope with this, which is another good reason always to use it!"[1].

That's worth knowing about.  One of my WIP patches uses thes wx-config
--basename
flag (or whatever it's called) so you don't have to worry about the prefix.

But it hasn't been tested with wx 2.8

Maciek's buildbot work could be handy there

> So there you go..
> Although, I believe there was at least one alternate implementation of
> wx-config being written? Can anyone comment?

There's a Window's only one in the repo.  It doesn't do the same job as
wx-config; much more hard-coding

There's also a C++ one out there which our Haskell version is a much slimmer,
dumber version of,
also intended for Windows

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>