shelarcy wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:39:44 +0900, Andrew Butterfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> However when I hit an arrow key, the expression navigation works fine,
>> but the scrolled window also moves !
>>
>> How do I stop these key events getting to the scrollbars ?
>>
>> (I only want to scroll using the mouse.)
>>
>> The wxWidgets documents talk about preventing event propagation
>> using wxEvent::Skip, but I can't find a wxHaskell equivalent of this.
>>

> wxHaskell has propagateEvent function that is wrapper function of
> wxEvent::Skip.
> How about use it?
>
> http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/doc/Graphics.UI.WX.Events.html#v%3ApropagateEvent

because it says:

*propagateEvent* :: IO ()
Pass the event on the next /wxWindows/ event handler, either on this
window or its parent. Always call this method when you do not process
the event. (This function just call skipCurrentEvent
<http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/doc/Graphics.UI.WXCore.Events.html#v%3AskipCurrentEvent>).

I want to do the opposite - handle the event in the frame where the
expression is displayed,
but not send it to whatever is handling the scroll bars

My code - for the relevant windows

 >       -- Goal Window
 >       gp <- panel h []
 >       g <- scrolledWindow gp []

Do I need to nest another window inside the scrolled window ?
When I perform the right-arrow action (say), I repaint g,
which renders the expression appropriately.

My biggest problem is that the documentation is very unclear.

Andrew Butterfield     Tel: +353-1-896-2517     Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Foundations and Methods Research Group Director.
Course Director, B.A. (Mod.) in CS and ICT degrees, Year 4.
Department of Computer Science, Room F.13, O'Reilly Institute,
Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland.
                            http://www.cs.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/