Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:17:23 -0300, Daniel Gorín wrote:
> I had problems using the binary distribution of wxhaskell for OSX. I
> get an error message indicating that the post-install step failed
> because /opt/local/bin/ghc-pkg was not found. Since I'm not using the
> macports version of ghc anymore, it is not surprising that ghc-pkg was
> not found there.

My suggestion : hang on for a little while, because the wxHaskell team
is about to upload a new fully Cabal-based version of wxHaskell.  This
means that once you have wxWidgets (unfortunately, for MacOS X, you have
to use a self-built one, for example via MacPorts) you can just cabal
install wx or even any application that depends on wxHaskell and it will
just work.

Phew, things are really starting to come together : now that we have an
easy way to create application bundles and an easy wxHaskell
installation process, releasing GUI apps is going to be a lot easier.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9