Hi Dave, all
On 6 January 2012 16:02, Dave Tapley <dave.a.tap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/1/6 shelarcy <shela...@gmail.com>
>
>> 2. It seems that wxcore depends on Eric's wx-config implicitly at least
>> Windows environment. "cabal install" fail with wx-config-win binary,
>>

> Can you remember how this failed, or send some output from the failure,
> and also let us know what version of wxWidgets you have?
> I'm hoping you say you have wx-2.9.x, in which case it could be this issue:
> http://code.google.com/p/wx-config-win/issues/detail?id=21
>
>  and "cabal install" success with Eric's one. If wxcore depends on
>> wx-config package in only Windows environment, I think we should upload
>> Eric's wx-config package, and modify wxcore to denped on wx-config package
>> on  Windows environment for workaround.
>>
>> if os(windows)
>>   Build-Depends: wx-config
>>
>> wx-config package isn't uploaded yet. So, I don't upload newer version,
>> nor attach patch for fixing this problem.
>>

> We're still making a decision on whether to continue using
> wx-config(-win), or to adopt Eric's one.
> I'm going to see if I can get a conversation going with the wxWidgets
> people and then I'll send out another mail.

Now that the 0.13 branch looks like it is finished, I have pulled your
development repo (so as to be up to date), and started to look at Windows
support.

Needless to say, I have immediately hit the wx-config roadblock, since I
have compiled a release build of wxWidgets 2.9.3, and wx-config-win only
knows about debug builds.

I am leaning towards doing something with Eric's wx-config. There are a
couple of reasons for this:

   - It keeps us in control of our own destiny;
   - Haskell is a *much* more pleasant implementation language for a
   utility which mainly does text processing than C++.

Does the group have an opinion on this? My feeling is that since the last
commit to wx-config-win was in 2006, it may be a while before fixes come
along, and even then, we will probably need to write the patches.
Regards
Jeremy