Hi Ulrich,

> I want to build wxlua as a loadable module (.dll) for 5.2 and 5.3 with
> wxwidgets statically linked into.
> I will try to hack the 5.3 into the CMake files and report my results back to
> you.

I made some progress, which I think can help in your case. I made
several changes to wxlua that allows for Lua 5.3 support:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/commits/wxwidgets311

You just need to point it to the correct Lua headers and make sure
that the Lua 5.3 is compiled with LUA_COMPAT_MODULE:

make mingw MYCFLAGS="-DLUA_COMPAT_MODULE"

You should then be able to build wxlua without any other changes; also
make sure to include LUA_COMPAT_MODULE and reference the correct Lua
dll:

-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-DLUA_COMPAT_MODULE"
-DwxLua_LUA_LIBRARY="$INSTALL_DIR/lib/lua53.dll"

(make sure you purge Cmake cache files if you are re-using the build
folders as there may be conflicts)

I plan to update ZBS build scripts to support wx.dll building for Lua
5.2 and Lua 5.3.

I tested the library I built on wxlua samples (auidemo and editor) and
haven't seen any issues.

Paul.