Hi,

IF Padre has a problem with 0.95 / 0.96 on linux - you'd need to check that first - I'm just making a guess. But perhaps there isn't a problem. Come to think of it, if Johan can view the wxDemo example code displayed correctly in an STC window, then there probably isn't an issue with STC. I recall there are these sorts of problems with more than html - I just can't recall which components specifically.

If there were an issue, then it seems to me the simplest thing would be to make 0.97 a requirement

cpan Padre

should then do the right thing.