From: Gabor Szabo [mailto:szab...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:16 PM
To: wxPerl users
Subject: Alien-wxWidgets-0.52 failure on 5.10.1

I already have Alien::wxWidgets 0.4601 installed on this machine with
perl 5.10.1
I also have Alien::wxWidgets 0.52 installed on the same machine in
5.12.3
(I just keep renaming the c:\strawberry directories to have the right
perl in them)
Now when I tried to upgrade Alien::wxWidgets on th 5.10.1
installation, staring from a command window
I got this.
Strangely I can run "cmd" from the Start/Run thingy but once the
window is open if I type in cmd or cmd.exe

I am told:

'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I am not sure how I managed to install it on the same machine using
5.12.3...

C:\Documents and Settings\Gabor Szabo>cpan Alien::wxWidgets
Database was generated on Tue, 24 May 2011 18:41:05 GMT
Running install for module 'Alien::wxWidgets'
Running make for M/MD/MDOOTSON/Alien-wxWidgets-0.52.tar.gz
Fetching with LWP:
http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/id/M/MD/MDOOTSON/Alien-wxWidgets-
0.52.tar.gz
Checksum for
C:\strawberry\cpan\sources\authors\id\M\MD\MDOOTSON\Alien-wxWidgets-0.52
.tar.gz
ok

  CPAN.pm: Going to build M/MD/MDOOTSON/Alien-wxWidgets-0.52.tar.gz

Creating new 'MYMETA.yml' with configuration results
Creating new 'Build' script for 'Alien-wxWidgets' version '0.52'
Building Alien-wxWidgets
Fetching wxWidgets...
fetching from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxwindows/wxWidgets-2.8.12.tar.gz
Extracting wxWidgets...
Error listing contents of archive
'C:\strawberry\cpan\build\Alien-wxWidgets-0.52-0mBDLo\wxWidgets-2.8.12.t
ar.gz':
 at inc/My/Build/Base.pm line 322
Patching wxWidgets...
Applying patch:
C:\strawberry\cpan\build\Alien-wxWidgets-0.52-0mBDLo\patches\wxMSW-2.8.0
-setup_u.patch
perl -pe "" --
C:\strawberry\cpan\build\Alien-wxWidgets-0.52-0mBDLo\patches\wxMSW-2.8.0
-setup_u.patch
| ..\inc\bin\patch.exe -N -p0 -u -b -z .bak
Can't spawn "cmd.exe": No such file or directory at
inc/My/Build/Base.pm line 342.
Error: 65280 at inc/My/Build/Base.pm line 342.
  MDOOTSON/Alien-wxWidgets-0.52.tar.gz
  C:\strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe ./Build -- NOT OK
Running Build test
  Can't test without successful make
Running Build install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

regards
   Gabor