From: James Lynes [mailto:jmlyne...@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 February 2013 14:53
To: steveco.1...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Vaiidators

Steve:

Yea, I know I need to start using sizers. They just seem like so much extra
complexity for small example programs. I did port the wxBook sizer examples,
so I have something to look at. I haven't used Glade yet. I think I
downloaded it awhile back.

It would be nice to have a real, non-trivial production example to refer to.
There is a wide gap between demos/examples and the real world. So, for now,
I mostly read posts. Someday maybe I'll be able to contribute.

James

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:24 AM, <steveco.1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi James,

>  Here's what I have working for a custom dialog with a text validator.
Probably a cleaner way to do some of it, but one step at a time. :)

It's cool, sadly, I don't think you can do any more with validator.

You should be able to do most of your layout with sizers.  I'm afraid they
are a bit painful, but they will automatically scale depending on your
screen resolution.

You can automatically generate them in a number of languages including Perl
with wxGlade (which is a Python app).

Good luck,

Steve.