On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 10:14 -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 15:31 +0100, jasper van der marel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just configured our first x2go server with thanks to the
> > developers of x2go for solving some problems.
> > I have just one issue with x2goprint. When printing as al local user
> > everything works out of the box. When printing als a ldap-user the job
> > prints but is not send to the client.
> > The server is an Ubuntu server (9.0.4) and the user is member of
> > x2gousers and fuse, just as mentioned in the docs.
> > Can someone look into this (last) problem ?
> <snip>
> Interesting.  I was working on this last night and that's where I left
> off - the job printed from the application but there was no output and
> print manager had no jobs in queue.  We are also using LDAP based users.
> I assumed it was my misconfiguration and plan to pick this up again in
> an hour or two so I will be very interested in other responses to this
> issue.
>
> I was wondering if I misunderstood the documentation and I misconfigured
> the group memberships.  It says, "If you would like to use the file
> system sharing option of X2go, you'll need to make sure that those users
> also are part of the posix group “fuse”. This membership is also needed
> by x2goprint."  I assumed that means the x2goprint user must be a member
> of fuse.  Is that the case or is it really saying the user must be a
> member of x2goprint? Thanks - John
>
> _<snip>
Hmm . . . our problem has magically gone away :-(  At first I thought it
was because we use a non-standard SSH port for security.  We changed the
SSH port expected for local shares in the X2GoClient to reflect the
changed port (options settings).  The local shares worked fine but
printing did not.  We noticed errors about transport not connected (I
believe this is a fuse error) and saw that the file permissions in
the /tmp/spooler directory were mangled (mostly question marks).

We changed back to the standard port 22 and printing jumped alive.  We
changed back to the non-standard port to confirm this was the problem
and, lo and behold, printing still worked! We switched a few times,
restarted the host.  Printing still works.  I have no idea what
changed :-(