Hi Jo-Erlend,

Am 16.05.2010 18:26, schrieb Jo-Erlend Schinstad:
> I thought this was important enough to open a new thread.
>>
>> The x2goplugin is an firefox plugin and uses the xpi (firefox addon)
>> installation routine. It makes it possible to embedd x2go session into
>> websites itself or to show them outside the browser in an own window.
>> Sessions can be resized - even inside the website - for example inside a
>> resizeable <div></div>
>
> And you actually do mean the NX session, not just the login/installer
> dialog like NX Web Companion? Wow. :)

Yes - the running session (KDE, Gnome,...) can be embedded into a website:

<--x2goplugin //-->

You can use bidirectional audio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxEsngE6qjc)

> Then I could make it so that the user only sees a password prompt, or
> could I even make it so that as long as they're logged into my website
> using OpenID, then the session would start automatically?

The properties file will lool like:

session=phoca
server=localhost
user=verstandk
sshport=22
command=KDE
rootless=false

It can be created on server side via cgi or ssi (and so on). A second
way of authentification will be receiving session information and
credentials (ssh key) via https:// . This will ensure that everybody can
implement his/her own ideas.

>> We'll provide a *.js file which can ask the user to install the plugin.
>> As it is at the moment not possible to host the plugin (only add ons)on
>> the mozilla site, we'll make it accessible on our site.
>
> Would it also be possible to host the plugin on our own apache sites
> without too much trouble?

Sure - but the xpi file will contain a update url (pointing to the
mozilla service) to ensure that you'll be informed if there are plugin
updates. This line can be removed or edited to point to your server.

>> I hope this will help - feel free to ask again.
>
> Thank you, just one more thing. When will it be available, and can you
> please make it yesterday? :) This sounds awesome!

Yes we could make it yesterday :) -> the plugin is completed but it
refers to the new release - and there are still some issues preventing
this to work without problems.

best regards,

Heinz