On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 18:33 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Hello, all.  We installed the Trolltech Qt SDK for Windows and
> downloaded the x2goclient-3.0.1-4 tarball from
> x2go.obviously-nice.de/deb
>
> Before attempting any changes, we simply built and ran the project.  It
> crashed with:
>
> ASSERT failure in QWidget: "Widgets must be created in the GUI thread.",
> file kernel/qwidget.cpp,line 1133
> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function
>
> We tracked this down to initStatusDlg().  In line 7559, it calls
> slotShowAdvancedStat().  On line 3966, it calls st.sync().  When it
> calls QWinSettingsPrivate::sync() RegFlushKey(writeHandle()), it blows
> up.
>
> What have we done wrong? Thanks - John
We thought this was a problem in the way we had set up the project but I
wonder if it does affect production.  I'm just hesitant to go diving
into the code too heavily.  However, we saw this error message this
week:

QObject::startTimer(): QTimer can only be used with threads started with
QThread.  Any idea what is going on here? Thanks - John